From:
Laurie Topper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:33:31 -0500

Hello List mates,

My daughter is 11 and was diagnosed with ADHD when she was 7.  I recently
came across some information stating that many ADHD children are helped by
a GF diet.  I was startled by this new info as my sister has celiac.  My
daughter ( who is not underweight) has suffered with stomach aches and
headaches for years.  Something her doctors have always said was just
stress.

I'll called her pediatrician ( as she is having a most difficult year) and
told him of my findings.  He suggested starting the diet right away which I
did. We are only on day 2, but I'm not finding any tremendous changes.  Her
stomach aches are gone - I guess that IS a tremendous change.

Is there anyone out there who has heard of this connection or knows of
anyone in my daughters situation who was helped by this diet?  And how long
did it take after going GF before you felt some significant improvements?

Thank you so much!
- Laurie - a distraught mother