From:
Stephan Rashkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 1995 18:34:40 -0500

Barbara Jean Kuehl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I went through the series of hepatitis vaccines several years
>ago...without incident.

Hi BJ,
I'm a RN at a local hospital and the Hepatitis vaccine has been
offered to me for a number of years...I found out that the vaccine
is derived from yeast and when the doctors and even the company
that produces the vaccine were asked, the response was "We
don't know if there is any side effect".  Evidently since the vaccine
is not taken through the GI tract then possibly this might be the
difference...Do you have any feelings about this?  Before you had
gotten the vaccine did anyone have any concern over your being
a celiac and taking the vaccine?

Thanks,
JoANN