From:
Katherine Forgacs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katherine Forgacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:20:52 -0400

A recent poster recommended Indian restaurants as good sources of GF food
when traveling.

I keep seeing cautions in various GF forums online about the risks of hidden
gluten in curry. (I have always assumed this applies more to commercially
produced curry powders than to fresh curry, though I do not know how this
might be typically done in your average Indian restaurant, I'm sure it
varies widely.)

Does anyone have more precise knowledge about the safety of curry dishes
when eating out? (This question may also apply to Thai dishes, or to making
your own Indian food at home if you are using any pre-made curry powder or
sauces with curry in them.)

I will summarize.

thanks,
Kat