Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:09:03 EDT

I know this is long overdue but I have been very busy.  I got several
suggestions, I have them saved on a word document so if anyone wants a copy let me
know.  My experience was very good.  Each morning for breakfast, we ordered
fresh fruit from room service and I had my gluten-free cereal (BE SURE TO REQUEST
A BOWL AND MILK!)  For lunch on Saturday, I ate at our hotel, The Royal
Sonesta, in Cambridge.  There was no one there and the chef happened to walk by so
we talked to him and he prepared a grilled chicken dish with tomato, cheese,
and onions.  I requested mozzarella cheese, but the waitress came out and said
the chef thinks the company puts flower on the cheese to keep it from sticking
together, so he substituted provolone instead and it was delicious!  For
dinner, we ate at Grille 23 in Boston.  I had a wonderful steak au poive, which I
hadn't had in so long (I obviously checked with the chef beforehand)  We ate
lunch at PF Changs on Sunday, and it was great!  It was my first time there, and
I enjoyed it so much that I am going to my local restaurant tonight!  We had
dinner at Capital Grille in Providence, again, great experience, great steak.
The waiter was very cautious, even though it was the first time he had heard
of gluten-free, which unfortunately for me meant no white chocolate mousse for
dessert (well actually I guess that is better than getting sick!).  For lunch
the next day, we ate in Newport.  I just had a salad and shrimp cocktail,
there was nothing much on the menu (it looked much better in the tour guide).
Hope this helps someone!  I survived 3 days without my toaster or bread.  The
only food I brought with me was cereal and snacks for the trip!

~Eleis in NY