From:
Sherri T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 14:35:57 -0400

Thanks to everyone who wrote with information on eating out in
California. We had a great vacation and no one got sick even though we
were eating other people's food for 10 days.

At Knott's Berry Farm, we ate at Coaster's Diner. They serve Hormel
hotdogs, half pound size I believe, and so my husband and daughter were
able to eat those without buns, and the french fries were gf.
For dinner we ate at Claim Jumper across the street from Knott's Berry
Farm (recommended by a list member). The food was GREAT, but pricey, and
my husband and daughter had no trouble finding something to eat.
We ate at Maurizio's in Los Angeles. . .I had learned in a prior post
that they had GF menu items. . .my husband & daughter thoroughly enjoyed
their gf pizza!

In Fullerton we discovered a health food restaurant called Rutabegorz.
They have a huge selection, the food is delicious, and were more than
happy to work with us to find something my daughter could eat. Their
salads are HUGE and I recommend sharing one or plan to take the rest home
to eat over the next couple of days.

In Legoland we had no trouble getting GF food at Funtown Market. We also
enjoyed Granny's Apple Fries, which are coated with corn starch, no
wheat.

Most of the other restaurants we ate at (Denny's, Baker's Square, Marie
Callender's, etc.) were willing to work with us and find out the
ingredients in different menu items. We also purchased food from Whole
Foods Market. . .boy, I wish we had one of those here in Atlanta!
Thanks again to everyone who gave me info!

Sherri Miller in Georgia, USA

"Why can't you draw on the walls like the other kids? Do you have any
idea how hard it is to wash that stuff off of the ceiling??" --
Michelangelo's Mom