From:
LESLIE AMENT-RUDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 04:00:43 +0000

Date:    Tue, 28 Jan 1997 06:26:18 -0500
From:    "Judy C. Hettena Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: matzoh/challah

I've been watching the postings on Communion with interest.  Has a similar
discussion ever been held regarding matzoh/challah?  I'm looking for good
challah recipies and also interested in finding out what people do for
passover.

*******************
Challah bread IS NOT KOSHER FOR PASSOVER, however, Bette Hageman's second
book "More From the Gluten-Free Gournet" has a recipe that we've found very
close in taste to Challah which contains Gluten.

"What people do for Passover" is entirely up to their own religious beliefs.
To my knowledge, there is no Gluten-Free Matzah on the market, and I'm not
sure how "Kashrut" a home made version can be.  In any case, according to
Jewish Law, to put one's health at risk is more of a "sin" than to violate a
religious dietary tradition / law.  Each person must make this decision for
him / herself, perhaps in consultation with their Rabbi.

Leslie & Zvi Ament-Ruder