From:
Bob Garroch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:37:50 +0200

Hi All.

We are new members of the list, resident in Sourth Africa.
My wife Liz, is a Celiac  or gluten intolerent.  Her health has been
excellent due to a strict diet regime of only fresh
vegetables,fruit,fish and meat. the only flour used is Maize flour, Pea
flour and Rice flour. We do not consume any manufactured products made
outside our home.

UNTIL,  she ran a 90Km marathon called the "Comrades" on the run she
consumed a sports drink called "POWERADE" manufactured by the Coca Cola
company.

Within 1 hour of completing the marathon, she started with a nasal drip
which has developed into severe Bronchitis. One of the ingredients in
the sports drink is "MALTODEXTRINE" which we believe has caused this
problem.

Does anybody know what Maltodextrine is made from? I have requested the
South African CocaCola  company for information but no luck.

please help BOB and LIZ GARROCH