From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:51:52 -0500

I posted some more info about DeLand Bakery, bread to use for gf
stuffing etc and just wanted to post a summary, my comments are in
[brackets]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
We use Food for Life brown rice and pecan raisin GF breads.  Either
would be yummy for stuffing after toasting. [I found this bread to be so
heavy that it seems to me that stuffing made from it would also be
phenominally heavy.  Also, it's very sweet to me and I found that rather
unappealing]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Could you inform me where to buy DeLand's breads?  Can they be frozen
and do they taste the same if you do?  Thank you kindly for answering.
[ www.delandbakery.com takes me to the planetdeland website, where the
bakery page is located.  you can buy directly from them, with a minimum
order of 24 bags/loaves, or you can talk a local health food store into
ordering them.  Make sure, either way, that you get the apple cinnamon
raisin buns, and the millet special bread.  the buns are not sweet at
all and have a texture unlike anything else that's gluten free.  it's
incredible.  You can actually make a sandwich without toasting the
bread!!  I buy 24 bags of the loaves at a time, then store them in a
chest freezer in my garage.  When I defrost them, I spray the bun with
water first, then heat in the micro, so chewy and soft.  I discovered
the water trick by accident....the kids tipped the plate of rolls into
the clean sink with the water running.  They freeze very well]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Could you please provide us with and phone number, an address or URL
for Deland's Breads?
[absolutely:
www.delandbakery.com
http://www.planetdeland.com/delandbakery/
phone, fax and email addy's are on the website.    An easy way to get
this info is simply to always check the celiac archives first, or to do
a google.com web search.  I've found those two tools to be the best
resources around.  the URL for the celiac archives (which I just quickly
found by doing a google search:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/celiac.html ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After seeing all that was mentioned about DeLands in the
recent past, I called them and they sent samples for our support group.
We
were blown away.  We can finally eat a sandwich without warming the
bread or
toasting it.  What a treat that was!!   I love their tomato bread.   Just
put some softended butter, mixed with garlic powder, on it and sprinkle a
little shredded mozzarella and bake for 5 minutes.  Great bread to go
with
pasta!!

:)
katherine in atl