From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 14:58:21 -0600

I hail from New England (though I'm now living in Texas) and I was
raised on a simple, plain bread, sage stuffing. Over the years since
we've been gluten-free, I've tried making it with one unsatisfactory
modge after another resulting. I've even substituted corn bread
stuffings or rice stuffings but given that I've always believed that the
purpose of that bird in the oven was to reverently hold and flavor the
stuffing, none of the substitutes made me happy.

This year I stumbled on the secret of stuffing that comes out moist,
with still discreet cubes of bread, which does not crumble or taste
grainy in the mouth. I used my own bread recipe (which can be found on
my web page at: http://www2.basinlink.com/us/mindpla/celireci.htm) and
instead of using it day old or baked until dry, I used it absolutely
fresh. This shouldn't have come as a surprise, now that I'm familiar
with how badly gluten-free breads stand up to aging, but there it is.

Happy Holidays, all!
--
Linda Blanchard
http://www.ccgs.com