From:
Laura Berkeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:28:48 -0400

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about sunlight
sensitivity.  I had mentioned that my friend who has CD is extremely
sensitive to sunlight since being diagnosed.  She gets sun poison from the
slightest exposure to the sun.  Her reaction to the sun is tiny bumps over
the area exposed to the sun.  Many of you seem to be experiencing the same
problem with slight exposure to the sun but the reactions are different.
Some of you get really bad sunburn and others get CH breakouts.  Some
suggested sunblock (which my friend has tried)....others said the sunblock
actually made the problem worse.  Some suggested more restrictions in her
diet such as eliminating red dye #40.  It was suggested that lupus could be
the cause and needed to be checked out.  Some members said they just avoid
the sun completely and wished there was an answer.  The main thing I found
is that many with CD seem to have sun sensitivity.  Many said that after
getting on the gf diet the sun sensitivity did get better.        Thanks for
your help