Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:59:58 -0500

I recently asked others about hot flashes in the joints taht may or may not
be accompanied by rashes or DH.

Out of 9 responses most of the women suggested menopause! I suppose that's
possible, but I'm only 34 and I've had these for YEARS and no one in my
family has hit menopause early... but I'll keep it in mind.

5 people said gluten ingestion was associated with heat at joints.
1 person experienced joint heat after being on oral steroids.
a few suggested other ingested foods may cause such pain
arthritis ( my FIRST thought)
Someone suggested that celiacs being succeptible to various autoimmune
disorders may experience symptoms resembling other diseases..

Suggestions for relief were drinking ice cold H2O and evening primrose oil.

Thanks for the responses.

Perhaps the person doing the DH survey would be interested in this? Most of
the respondents also had DH.

Jennifer
Houston