From:
Robin and Clare Scheffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:26:09 -0700

Wow,  I received about 75 replies to my question about GF hotdogs!!!  Thank
you everyone for all the time you took to reply to me.

I'm not going to quote from messages, but recommended brands (in
alphabetical order) were:

Applegate Farms beef hot dogs from Whole Foods
Ball Park All Beef Hotdogs
Ball Park Beef Franks
Ball Park Franks (except fun franks, corn dogs and meat and beef fat-free
franks)
Bar-S brands all of them
Boar's Head
Deutsmarker(spelling?) brand individually wrapped hot dogs
Empire Franks
Our Costco sells a fabulous wiener called "European Wieners" by Grimm's
Grote & Weigel - their hot dogs are GF
Hebrew National Beef Franks
Hillshire Farms
Hillshire Farm Natural Casing weiners
Hoffey Hot dogs found at Albertson's and Costco(I called the company myself)
I believe Hormel are
Hummel, natural casing Franks
Kahns all beef Kosher
Levitts all beef Kosher hot dogs
"I have heard that there is also a Maple Leaf all beef hot dog that is
        o.k. too - not sure which ones though"
Oscar Mayer Lite
Oscar Mayer (Red label) Hot Dogs
Oscar Mayer Weiners
Oscar Mayer hotdogs are gluten free such as beef franks, bun
length & jumbo and Cheese made with turkey, pork and beef
Shofar Kosher Hotdogs

Most people advised, "Only buy pure beef, turkey and chicken dogs" and
"Kosher is usually ok"

Places to get hot dogs or hotdog buns included:
Abigail's Gluten-free Food List at http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/start
www.glutino.com
www.kinnickinnick.com
Bread and Circus (in Massachusetts-Whole Foods Co. in other states)
www.madebymona.com

Some mentioned Heinz ketchup as safe to put on the hotdogs.

Websites to refer to included:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html
http://www.cornfree.com/Diet/glutenfreeinfo.htm
http://www.celiacdatabase.org/index
www.clanthompson   (may not be full address -- couldn't find it in my notes,
sorry.)
www.gfcfdiet.com
www.glutenfreeliving.com
www.chebe.com
www.glutenfree.com.

Again, thank you very much.  I can see why our recommended we join this
listserv (she herself is a member).

Clare