From:
"Angela M. Barca" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:43:04 EST

Thought I'd pass this along from Dr. Pepper/7-up....
-Anjel in NY

Thank you for contacting us about the presence of gluten in our products.
Consumer inquiries such as this are appreciated because they provide valuable
feedback about our brands.

Gluten is a mixture of complex proteins found in the grain of wheat, barley,
oats, rye, rice, corn, and other grains.   Many soft drinks, including those
produced by Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. contain high fructose corn syrup which
is derived from corn and which may contain very small amounts of corn
gluten.  According to the Celiac Sprue Association, corn gluten is not of
concern to people who have Celiac Sprue disease.

We encourage consumers with more specific questions about Celiac Sprue to
contact the Celiac Sprue Association at www.csaceliacs.org or (402) 558-0600.

We appreciate your inquiry and hope you will continue to enjoy our soft drink
brands.  For more information about our company, please visit our corporate
web site at www.dpsu.com.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.