From:
Kate Ozello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kate Ozello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:34:56 -0400

Thanks to all who helped out with this one!  I appreciate it!

Ft Myer's Gluten Free Restaurant Suggestions:

Bonefish Grill has GF menu--WONDERFUL

Carrabas Itallian has GF menu--very good.

We go to Sanibel Island yearly two or three times. I have never had a

problem with getting a GF meal when I explain my issues: Sanibel Steakhouse

Mucky Duck

Beachview

McT's

Jacarranda

Perwinkles

Publix has GF items in health foods and freezer sections.

******

On Sanibel, Jerry's has GF items in health foods and freezer sections.

There is a Uno Chicago Grill at Daniels Parkway and I-75 (exit 131) that
has great GF pizza.

We returned from six weeks at Ft. Myers Beach one week ago. Here's what
I found.  Whole Foods in North Naples )17 miles from our condo at
Smugglers cCve) was my go to grocery on Rte. 41 South past 99th Avenue
and on the left.  it's great!  Also good, but much smaller and closer
was "For Goodness Sake" in the Sunshine Plaza - go south on Estero BLVD
and keep going past the intersection with Iguana Mia on the corner and
look on the left for Sunshine Plaza.  I did fine at Charlie's Boathouse
that accommodatesd me and has a great salad bar.  I suggest the Early
Bird special at 5:00pm when it opens - there's usually a line waiting
for the doors to open.  Also, North on 41 are three restaurants with GF
menus.  They are bonefish Grilll (Reservations needed), The Outback, and
Carrabas (I didn't try this last one.)  For a special evening, try
Bayfront Bistro behind the Publix on Estero BLVD mid island. It's
pricey, but a nice treat. Publix has a list of gluten free products that
you can request. We did eat in a lot, but it was nice to get out once in
a while.  Good Luck and have a nice time.  Hope it's warmer for you than
it was for us!

Pizza Fusion makes the best GF pizza we've ever tasted

Although I do not eat out much there are many restaurants that either
have a seperate gluten free menu or have options in their menus that
would work for you.

Carrabbas Italian grill has gluten free

Applebees

Ruby Tuesday;s

Outback

Bonefish Grill

and others. Here is a link to some of the restaurants in our county that
offer gluten free choices

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/gluten-free-state-search.do?state=FL&city=Fort%20Myers
<http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/gluten-free-state-search.do?state=FL&city=Fort%20Myers>