From:
"C. Connolly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C. Connolly
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:38:34 +0000

1. My wife's GF bakery makes EXCELLENT bread for sandwiches. I'd suggest the
Classic Rice & esp. the Garlic Cheddar. She ships all over the U.S., so that
won't be a problem. For the bake sched (soon to change to inc. March/April),
see:
      www.sillyyakbakery.com/glutenfree.html
2. So you can slice the GF Classic Rice & take several slices on your trip.
But suppose your hotel/motel has a toaster & you'd like whatever bread you
have to be warmed up. What to do because of possible cross contamination?
      There's a company called The Pampered Chef. They make a bag, big
enough for a slice of bread, that you then stick in a toaster. Viola!  The
GF bread comes out toasted with no cross contamination from the person that
was in the resort before you.  And the bags are reusable - but forgot what
the recommended number of reuse times was. Anyhow, if you'd like to see this
product:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/use_care/detail.jsp?productId=8739
another place to buy bags -
http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1833&Category_Code=Bakeware&Product_Count=1

Hello, I received so many emails from people who wanted this inf. that I
have choosen not to delete any inf. from the responses.  I found all the
inf. helpful and thought you all may as well.
Thanks for the responses.  If I receive more I will summarize again.  Carol

The original flavor bread mix from Breads from Anna is excellent and I do
not toast it.  I haven't tried it on a sandwich, but I'm sure it would be
fine.  It is soft, delicious and it stays together (it doesn't crumble like
other breads).  I eat it just by itself.  The website is
www.glutenevolution.com

The only bread I have ever eaten that does not need toasting or warming up
before eating is Breads from Anna.   BUT...you have to make it yourself.
This bread is soooooo very good and fresh out of the oven is awesome!!   I
eat at least four slices of it right away.   I freeze it, then take out what
I need as I go along.  Or you can let it sit out for a day or two if you
want.

I am on vacation in Florida and brought along those toaster bags to use.
You slip your bread into it and then put it in the toaster.  It actually
works.   Had a great BLT that way.  And they are reusable.

Try toasting Ener-g Foods Tapioca bread before leaving home.  This prevents
it from crumbling, and it does not require re-toasting.  It can be eaten
cold.  Last year for my trip from Boston to Trinidad, I toasted a few slices
on the morning of my flight,  filled them with Sunflower butter and packed
them in sandwich bags. That was my meal on the 4 hours+ on the plane and
they survived without crumbling or getting soggy.

*******
*******