From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:24:56 -0700

First, I want to say that as ingredient readers, we (or I) sometimes forget to look at the big picture.

I went to Costco the other day where they many times have demo's going on.  Most of the time, my celiac son can't partake in the snacks.  (He wasn't with me at the time, but I'm always looking)  Mrs May's had these delicious snacks.  They're almost like a soft peanut brittle and they're packaged in little squares loose in a bag.  They had Cashew Crunch, Pumpkin Crunch, Cashew Crunch (my favorite) and a unique one, Black Sesame Crunch.  They have about 14 other's, but didn't have them there for sampling.  I started reading the ingredients right away.  I asked the man about the one suspect ingredient (may show my ignorance) "rice malt".  He assured me that it had no barley and that it was gluten-free.  He said that rice malt is more expensive and a nicer malt than barley.  So, I proceeded to buy this product and when looking at the front in nice sized lettering it said:

wheat free

gluten free

vegan

non-gmo

I felt kind of silly and thought it was funny how I tend to look at the ingredients first, before even looking at the packaging. Naturally, I praised the guy and his product for producing and labeling it gluten-free.

If they don't have it at your local Costco, their web-site is:  www.mrsmays.com

NOTE:  On their package it also states that part of their proceeds goes to the "Wheels for the World", which collects, restores and distributes wheelchairs to disabled people around the world.