From:
SHIRLEY-ANNE SANCHEZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:04:51 -0700

Dear List Members,

I recently visited the new Whole Foods Store in Cherry
Creek and fell in love with their produce department
and actually, got some decent tasting pasta (though I
can't remember the name, I'd know it if I saw it, but
it has been recommended on the list before).

I spoke to the bakery manager and asked if they had
any fresh g/f baked goods. He stated "no" because they
don't have enough interest to justify it. He said if
they did have some, it would only be available on
certain days (which is fine with me...I'd go out of my
way to get some fresh baked goods! that I did not have
to make!!) And I also told him, there are many people
being diagnosed daily with CD and if we could spread
the word they had these products available, i believe
they would definitely have a market. He suggested I
fill out a comment card, which I did about 3 weeks
ago.

Today I received a phone call from the manager and
said he is willing to discuss possibilities and is
open to suggestions.

He will not be available until Thursday and I thought
if any of the Denverites have any g/f requests this is
the time to voice them and I will take them to this
man and see what he can do for us.

I'm not sure about anyone else, though the on-line
stores are great, it's so much nicer to just go to the
grocery store and buy your food. Plus I think
WholeFoods is not as expensive as WildOats or
Alfalfa's.

Shirley-Anne
Denver, CO