From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2013 19:30:40 -0500

Merci, Thank you, Todah Rabbah, I love you all.   I found an excellent article on my phone at the restaurant, when I was trying not to panic over the macaroni I removed from my soup!!!  (Yes, they comped my meal and apologized over and over.  The manager was frantic.)

http://primaldocs.com/opinion/3-steps-to-recover-after-getting-glutened/

I drove directly to Whole Foods and got Glutenease.  Took two.  Waiting.  Some gas.  Nothing terrible right now. (Hey, my husband is gassy from dinner and he doesn't have celiac!!)  We'll see.  Also bought curcumin  (anti-inflammatory), but haven't taken it yet.  Brewing ginger tea.  Will increase my flaxmeal and fish oils.  I get probiotics from Zena's cookies and Greek yogurt.  Don't want to push the probiotics.  They give me the runs...which could only make a reaction inevitable, instead of just possible.

Here are the responses so far.....I'm sure there will be more.  I couldn't access the archives on my phone from the restaurant, so there may be more ideas in there.  Not including redundancies.
1 Glutenease......(Which I got)
2 At CVS they've got something called glutenaid. That's supposed to hel
3 You can try a BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Drink a lot to flush your system. These were suggestions given to us by a dietitian at our recent Gettysburg Gluten-free Group meeting. 4 I'm not sure if this will help but I usually eat some yogurt and it soothes the stomach.
5  I take the following: digestive enzyme, probiotic, fish oil
6 Go to  your nearest GNC and purchase L-Glutamine 1000 mg tablets. Take one daily for a while. It will  help.   (Whole Foods has L-Glutamine)
7 some people swear by enzymes / probiotics
8 Veratrum Album 30C

My tummy is definitely unhappy.  If I didn't find the macaroni, and ate it, I'd be worse.  I don't know if I ate any unseen ones....I wasn't concentrating on the soup.  But I feel a tad sick...nothing major.  If I didn't see the macaroni, and just felt like this, I would be telling my husband I was glutened somewhere.  It's that feeling.  Doesn't happen very often, and I have not gotten really sick in years, so I have no idea what will happen.  Time will tell.

Thanks a million.  Will add more summaries if new suggestions come in.

BTW.  I'm surprised the BRAT diet is still being recommended.  I was put on that in 1946 or thereabouts, when I was first diagnosed !!!!!!