From:
Mary Blymire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:42:05 -0800

Hello,

I am 52 and was diagnosed in March '00 w/CD.  I experienced severe wrist
pain for about 1 week while eating gluten to prepare for biopsy back in
April.  The pain subsided and would flare once in a while but not as
severely.  Well, as of about 10 days ago it came back.  It was severe
and now comes and goes with associated burning in both arms up to elbow
and as of two days ago an occasional shooting pain under my left arm.
Per doctor, I am taking Tylenol and using heating pad on wrist and arm
at night.  Arthrogram and bone scan of wrists and hands came back
normal.  I am to return to doctor beg. of next mo.

My question to you is:  Anyone else experience this?  As I never had any
pain like this before until the week I was gluten-ing out, do you feel it
is associated with CD, or another associated autoimmune disease?  Maybe
it's just Mary at 52?  How would I search archives--under what
subject?  Rather, "nerve-racking"--pardon the pun but got to keep that
sense of humor...

Thanks very much,

Mary Blymire

                "Cooperation + Tolerance = Peace"