From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:58:45 -0500

Hi,

I contacted Furmano regarding their diced tomatoes.  I find them in my local
grocery stores and they are priced more competitively than some other brands.
Here is the response I received:

Ms. Wilson:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding gluten in Furmano Diced Tomatoes. We
appreciate hearing from you any time you have a question about a Furmano
Product.

Furmano Diced Tomatoes are gluten free as are the other Furmano Tomato
Products that you may find on the grocery store shelves.  Furman Chili Beans
do contain wheat flour and this flour is declared in the ingredient
statement.  These beans are produced on the same line as other bean
products, however there is always a full sanitation clean-up following the
production of chili beans.

We trust this information was helpful to you.

Sincerely,
Frank Furman
Furman Foods, Inc