From:
Nancy Messing <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Messing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:26:26 -0500

Thanks everyone for your responses to my question on travel in Wyoming.
Following is a summary:

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 70+
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items.
There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant
personnel to ease the ordering process.

Jackson has a store called Harvest Bakery & Cafe that has GF foods.
Address is:  130 W. Broadway and their number is 307-733-5418.  Here are a
few others in Jackson that may be helpful:

Albertson's
Broadway

Smith's
Broadway

Choice Meats
Hwy 22

Cowboy Free Range Meat
1655 Berger Lane
(307)732-0496
Toll-free: 866-435-5411
http://www.cowboyfreerangemeat.com/

Wyoming Wild Crafters
150 East Hansen Avenue
(307) 733-6731

In Cody, you will find the following:

Albertson's
1825 17th St
(307) 527-7426

Whole Foods Trading Co
1239 Rumsey Ave
(307) 587-3213

Mountain High Health Foods
1914 17th St
(307) 587-1700

I belong to a Wyoming Celiac internet listserv group and this is where I
got the information.  If you'd like to join the group to get more info,
it's at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WyomingCeliacs/

There is a food court we ate at in Yellowstone, by Old Faithful.   It was
reasonable and delicious.  I believe we got the turkey and potatoes dinner
and held out a couple of items.  We packed lunches with lunch meat and
crackers, etc. for our day trips.

I talked to the natrualpath/dr that makes the Jackson Whole Bar, (made in
Jackson Wy,) and she said,,,don't even think of eating at Yellowstone,,,she
said,,,,bring your own food! I can tell you the Jackson Whole Bar is
FANTASTIC!!!!! $2.50 a bar,,but the base is cashew,,,,and it is sooooo
wonderful!! The web site,, is , www.jacksonwholebar.com .

Try the Old Faithful Cafeteria, that's where I eat.  I think it's in the
Lodge, it looks out on the Geyser