From:
Daniel R Schimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel R Schimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:16:59 -0400

For those of you in PG County, Maryland, I must report on a most
successful dinner at your local Outback.

When I asked for the GF menu, the waitress had no idea what I was
talking about.  I referred her to her manager, and she came back to
report that he was in getting that menu out for me and would be out
shortly.

The manager showed up within minutes with the latest menu.  He reviewed
it with me to point out some standard menu items which they didn't serve
locally, and everything went fine after that.  We even had the waitress
pointing out several things which I had to specify (i.e., no croutons on
the salad and no toast under the barbequed shrimp).

All in all, a very pleasant dining experience, and an opportunity to
raise awareness that worked out very well -- I know that that waitress
will be sensitive to GF requirements in the future.

I also fattened the tip a bit to help her memory for the future.