From:
Robb Dorf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robb Dorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:59:37 -0400

It seems to me that more and more nutrition bar companies are making the “gluten-free” claim.  It also appears that since there is no FDA regulation on this claim, that some manufacturers are making this claim without any proof that they are indeed “gluten-free.”
Here at PureFit, we take that claim pretty seriously.   It is arguable that PureFit was the first nutrition bar, mass marketed in the United States that is truly gluten-free.  We ask you one simple question, are the other bar companies willingly showing you their proof that their bars are truly gluten-free?  We do; in fact, we regularly test our bars, even though we don’t have to.   Here is a copy of our latest test results, showing what the industry commonly refers to as BLQ, meaning below the levels of detection.  If you are as committed to the gluten-free lifestyle as we are, make sure you are supporting companies that test their products, and are willing to share those test results.
Here is the link to the blog entry http://purefitblog.com/gluten-free/  The certificate can be viewed by clicking on the link in the blog.
As always, it is you guys, the Celiac’s and people who demand a gluten-free product that inspire us to raise the standards and to challenge the companies that think “gluten-free” is a selling point that doesn’t need to be taken seriously.

Happy Halloween,

Sincerely,

Robb Dorf
President and Founder