Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 06:58:39 -0800

Dear Friends,

I have been a member of this group for since my daughter was diagnosed in 1998.  She's 14 now.  You are all so knowledgeable and caring, that honestly, I don't know how I would've gotten through those first few years without you :)

Today, my inquiry is not for my daughter, but for myself.  I am 42 years old, and over the last 9 months, I have gained 20 lbs.  I have managed to do this while reducing my calorie intake, and increasing my exercise levels.  I had my thyroid checked and all my levels are normal.  My comprehensive bloodwork all came back normal, including glucose.

I decided to be tested for Celiac.  As I wrote in a previous post, my Gliadin Antibody (IGG) was 33, the Tissue Transglutaminase was <3, and the Endomysial Antibody (IGA) was negative.  In soliciting opinions and interpretations, most agreed that according to my bloodwork, I do not have Celiac.  However, with the elevated IGG, I decided to have an endoscopy.  Again, biopsies were negative - no villi damage, no indication of Celiac.

I am so very depressed about my weight gain, and nearly at the end of my rope.  There is just no joy in my life, and it is on my mind always.  It is the last thing I think about when I fall asleep, and the first thing in my head each morning before my eyes are even open.  I know I could be peri-menopausal, and that could have something to do with it, but this seems too rapid and excessive.  I am thinking of going gluten free to see if that changes anything.  Based on your experiences, does this seem like a valid course to anyone?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.....