From:
Steve Veach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 14:19:15 CST

>The ingredients list hydrolized casein and hydrolized soy protien. Are
>this safe for CS? Also, what was the final consensus on La Choy soy>sauce
>in the US.
>Cathy Paris

My understanding is that we should avoid hydrolized soy protein unless you
know for sure that it is corn-based.  I'm not sure about hydrolized
casein.

As far as LaChoy soy sauce goes, I confirmed today that it IS
gluten free.  I'm sorry that I don't have the details with me
here in the office, I will post more later.  What I recall is
that the consumer affairs person assured me that they are
aware of the gluten problem and that the hydrolized soy protein
in this product as well as the caramel coloring used are both
corn-based additives.

I will have more to post about food products and rice later.

Steve Veach in Chicago, Illinois USA