From:
Paula M George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:14:46 -0500

Hi Celiac Listmates,
    At times, I have to travel for my job.  In a couple of weeks, I have
to fly on TWA (Trans World Airlines) as they are the contract carrier for
the city that I am traveling to.  I tried to request a gluten free meal,
and was told that they did not serve anything even vaguely resembling
G-F.  I asked for the good old standby of a Fruit Plate, and was informed
that they did not serve them on this flight.  All they could do was
suggest that I bring all of my own food for both flights, (which I will
have to do).  I asked for the address of their customer complaints, which
they gave me.  I have written them a letter explaining my situation, what
celiac sprue is, the fact that approximately 300,000 Americans are  on
this diet, (plus more worldwide), and asked that they consider serving us
like their competitors do (both United and Continental Airlines have a
gluten-free menu).  What I would like you to do is join me in my letter
writing campaign.  If enough of us protest, maybe they will start serving
us.  It isn't going to do me any good for this trip, (I will be there and
back again before they could possibly take any action), but it may help
other celiacs.  Maybe it will even help you, if you ever have to travel.
Thanks everybody...
                                       Paula George of Ohio, USA
   The address is:
TWA Customer Relations