From:
"Michael W. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 11:17:57 -0400

I am in the planning stage for a new reference sheet to be place on the system.
The subject will be nebulous label terms and Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMPs).  To support this project, I would appreciate input from everyone
directly to my ID.

The concept is to list documented items that must be researched by celiacs
prior to the consumption of a product.  If the information is available, it
will be arranged by countries.

Most terms listed in the final product will not be by Brand Name but will
explain why the process must be researched.  In your response, the use of a
Brand Name may assist in determining the actual location of the offending
grain.

If you have documentation that support your claim, it will make the
verification process easier.

This is an International project and a living document, that will show some of
the key words, a new or sick celiac should research. The background of our 650
fellow members will allow the production of a better reference sheet.

Please send all responses directly to my ID, where I will collect the
information and summarize it for the List.

Michael W. Jones ([log in to unmask])
One of the Celiac LISTSERV Co-Owners ([log in to unmask])