From:
ABIGAIL NEUMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:48:47 -0500

Hi.  I found a wonder gluten free yogurt, which I am using as a salad
dressing, sandwich dressing, potato topping etc.  It is called Mountain
High Natural Fat Free Plain Yogurt with live active Lactobicillus cultures
and other cultures in it and no preservatives.  I buy it at my co-op.  I
verified the gluten free status on August 21, 1997 with the manufacturer.
 Anyway, I phoned again today to ask how long it can be expected to
last in the fridge once it is open.  The woman told me 3 - 5 days.  Is there
any preservative of sorts, which is gluten free, which I can add to the
yogurt to make it last longer in a jar?  When I make this "dressing" all I add
 to it a small amount of salt, and a lot of pepper, because I love pepper.
Would this be enough to make it last longer?  She said if it smells sour
through it out.  I laughed at this because plain yogurt always does smell
sour.  And after adding other ingredients,  I primarily smell the pepper.
The manufacturer didn't have an answer to my questions.  I was hoping
that someone one on the list, who loves to cook, could tell me how to
make this last about a month. Please send responses to my email
address at:

Also I would likfe to thank Celiac List owners for providing the postings
on archive.  It has been a god send for me.  The search feature is
wonderful!!!  I have been using a private email address to see the
postings, but there is a problem with their system this week, so I have
been reading the daily postings at the archive located at:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/celiac.html

Abigail