From:
Chris Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:40:43 +1100

Dear List Members,

I suspect I am suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in addition
to being a medically diagnosed Coeliac and eventhough I rigidly follow a
GF diet.

I take by prescription a small amount of Catapres (Clonodine) for
hypertension daily and which is Gluten Free. This I suspect is the
cause.

I have been on this medication for some time (18 months perhaps) already
and lately(last 6 months say) I have had indegestion, tender feeling in
the stomache, Nausea, and severe depression with headache after
consuming certain safe foods.

I have become paranoid about food and only eat plane foods particularly
avoiding anything in a tin or bottle unless it is of singular
ingredient. A tin of spicy tomatoe proven gluten free upset me to the
extent that I was unable to perform my job and similarly ice cream. I am
not intolerant to lactose having no problem with milk products in basic
form(not ice cream).

Are there any Gastro Enterologist members that have seen this before?
Are there any members suffering similarly on hypotensive treatments?

Chris Pearson
Penrith near Sydney, Australia.
+61 (0)2-4733-8547