From:
ROBERT MATHEWS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:23:46 -0400

I would just like to inquire if anyone has tried the new Fat Free
Pringles.  They contain olean but the ingredients show no wheat.  I
called Proctor & Gamble today 1-800-340-2817 and they indicated the
original fat free pringles would be gluten free.

I ate 2 chips as a sample in the store.  48 hours afterward I was
vomiting and also having severe diarrhea.  I can't tell if this was a
reaction to the chips or something else I ate in between the time.  P &
G stated that olean is made from soybeans.  Was I having a reaction to
the olean.  It was the very first time I ever tried eating that olean.

The chips tasted great but I cannot get myself to try them again.  Has
anyone experienced a reaction like this to olean or the new Fat Free
Pringles.

I will post a summary of the responses.

Elaine/Ohio