From:
celtick8 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:55:30 -0700

I just returned from a three week trip to England and Scotland.  I
had a great experience.  I flew British Airways and was provided
Gluten Free meals as requested.

Two of the major grocery stores, TESCO and Sainsbury have a section
called Free From.  I found a better selection of Gluten Free items
there than I have in any Health Food Store here in the US. The
products included: breads, muffins, cookies, crackers, chips, pastas,
pizza crusts, etc. These stores are located in most major cities.
Some of the larger stores include a frozen food selection as well.
Many of the products are also egg, dairy and yeast free. They tasted
good as well. TESCO carries its own lable vitamins and they state on
the lable if they are gluten free.

I stayed in several B&B's and the owners were very accomidating as
long as you let them know ahead of time.  I found that most
resturants had knowledgable staff and would prepare a gluten free
gravy for me.  I went to a wedding with a sit down dinner and did not
expect to be accomidated. When they came by the tables to see if
anyone required a vegetarian meal my cousin said I should mention my
gluten free requirement.  They immediately accomidated me.  With each
course of the meal they brought my modified item.

The B&B's I stayed at and would highly recommend are Priestville
Guest house in Edinburgh and Garth House in Castletown.

I am already looking forward to my next trip.