From:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:00:21 -0800

Hello all,

Just a note to say I had good luck this Thanksgiving with the flaky pie crust from Rebecca Reilly's gluten free baking (available from www.amazon.com ). I've used the recipe before, and this time it seemed to helped that I used potato starch to flour the top and bottom of the dough (instead of my GF mix) before rolling out the dough. The potato starch seemed to give it a little more body. I even achieved a fluted crust on one pie. What helped this is to have a fairly thick roll of dough before fluting the edge. (With a wheat crust I would not have needed such a thick roll of dough).

Also - I use one of the plastic zipper bag for rolling out the dough. I never needed one for wheat crust, but the GF crust seem more delicate.