Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:23:30 -0500

Thanks for the replies to my post about whether Tic-Tacs are g-f. The
company's website does not provide an email address or a phone number, just
a regular mailing address. I don't have the time or inclination to write a
formal letter. Just the fact that they make themselves so inaccessible to
customers makes me not want to buy their products!

Several listmates asked for a summary:

No one on the list knew for sure whether Tic-Tacs are g-f. Several listmates
replied that either they or a celiac relative has had a gluten reaction
after eating them. A couple of people said they have no reaction.

One person said he suspects the "starch" listed in the ingredients is wheat
starch because it is the cheapest form of starch.

Someone said he's pretty sure they contain gluten: "throw them away." I
have! He said that Certs are supposed to be g-f.

Another person said I could have reacted to something else I ate because
celiacs react to many other foods. I am aware of that. Everything else I ate
around that time was very plain, simple food that I eat regularly with no
problems.

I guess it just goes to show that we all have to monitor our own reactions
and be aware of our sensitivity levels. At the same time, it certainly helps
to share support, experiences, and information.

Thanks!

Barrie in GA