From:
Tony Gallistel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:20:34 -0600

Hello list

I have a disease called Dermatitis Herpetiformis (a skin rash), and
Celiac's disease that are caused by some kind of reaction to a protein
in wheat, barley, and rye. The protein is called Gliandin and all
conventional MD's are taught that this is an auto-immune disorder caused
by an as yet unknown environmental trigger in genetically susceptible
people. There is a medication you can take which suppresses the symptom
of this disease known as DH (the rash) however it does not help the
Celiac's which involves the gradual destruction of the villi lining the
small intestine. I was on Dapsone for about four years before I began
the only medically responsible treatment currently known which is a diet
completely free from wheat, barley, and oats.

At about exactly the same time as I first sought treatment for DH I also
sought treatment for Jock Itch as many know it or Candida, yeast
infection, etc. At the time I began the diet, (It is called a Gluten
Free diet, or GF diet) I began to suspect that the conditions might be
inter-related so I did quite a bit of research along those lines and
found that at least some others felt that the conditions were/could be
related. I even came across a web-site that basically said they were
cause and effect and that I could be cured of the food "allergy" if I
got rid of the Candida. His information seemed very good but his program
was very expensive so I have been treating myself with a similar
combination of colloidal silver, garlic, echinacea, and nutrients.

The anti-Candida program produced significantly better results than the
diet alone. To the point where I was basically symptom free after 1
month. That was about 3 months ago. I have been continuing with the diet
and the anti-Candida program all this time. Starting about 1 month ago
the irritability and spinal/muscle aches I was experiencing periodically
toward the end of my weekly treatment cycle started to become permanent.
The fatigue is significant, and the discomfort centered around the
ligaments, and/or cartilage in my spine is strong enough to have me at
the aspirin bottle a lot.

Everything I know at this point says that I am simply suffering from the
side effects of killing the yeast that has overgrown in my intestines
(and possibly systemically). If any of you folks know or think different
let me know.

If any of you are aware of methods that would do the job and/or reduce
the pain I would appreciate your opinions. The only thing I have seen
posted to the list or on the net would be the use of ozonated water. An
people had experiences good or bad with this?

There may be more appropriate forums in which to ask this question. If
you know of a group/clinic/list that is more appropriate please feel
free to forward this plea for help.

Thank you
Tony Gallistel

P.S.  some of the list I subscribe to use a system of summarizing the
let me know.