From:
"Melissa St.Clair" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:26:15 EST

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my post regarding my 13
month old daughter's sleep problems.  I appreciate all of the advice and
experiences all of you shared.  I also appreciate those of you who recommended
books that you thought would be helpful.  I will read them, so I appreciate
you sending that information also.

Many of you suggested that she could also be lactose intolerant.  In fact, we
know that she is.  She is still being breastfed and I removed dairy from my
diet almost a year ago due to her obvious intolerance to it.  I have never
added any form of dairy back into my diet and she has never tasted dairy
products first hand.

Many of you told me that I had simply not given the diet enough time to work.
I'm sure you are right.  Just since my post she has gone from waking 6-8 times
a night to waking 2-3 times and is much easier to settle.  She doesn't act
like a baby who has a terrible tummy ache all night long any more.

The frustrating thing (as I'm sure many of you know) is that it is so easy to
make a mistake.  Already we have fed her two food items that we thought were
gluten free, but weren't.  It takes her days to settle down again.

I'm sure I will have additional questions as we learn more about her condition
and how to deal with it.  I'm glad I've found this list because I'm sure it
will be very helpful.

Thanks to everyone.

Melissa in TX