From:
"Rene C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rene C.
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 01:20:29 -0800

First off, let me apologize for taking so long to post this. Thanks to all who answered. Here are answers I got from everyone....

B12 deficiency
oral thrush
yeast infection
reaction to pesticides
possible heartburn
maybe geographic tongue...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_tongue
Sjogren's...http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020215/615.html
hormones
chemical exposure
After taking vitamin D3 (50,000 UI 2-3 times a week), Extra Strength Premcal (1 x day) and prescription dose of B12, the burning is completely gone.

I take sublingual B, which you hold under the tongue for 30 sec., and a good calcium with vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and iron (2 pills) every day.Also when it is bad I take Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is supposed to help clear toxins out of the system. It may be burning mouth syndrome.

This may be a wild shot,but the " burning tongue" sensation can be produced by small amounts of metallic copper.Copper can be picked up from domestic plumbing,even if the level is well below that allowed in drinking water it can cause the sensation. When water is taken from a tap (faucet),the water should be allowed to run for sufficient time to clear the pipes,if this is impractical,buy a simple jug filter such as a Brita filter.
It could still be an allergy. Food allergies do not always show up on
the allergy test. I react with anaphalaxis when I eat some foods but
the back prick test shows nothing. My doctor agrees I am allergic. A
hint for me when I am on the edge is my tongue burns. She could also
have developed an allergy over time, I also do that often. Depending
on how long it burns she might try benedryl or some other allergy
medication. If it helps it is still an allergy.

*******
*******