From:
Hilary Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hilary Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:44:58 -0600

I was hoping to try out the recipe and report on the success, but I may not have time any time soon, so I am forwarding the response on and hope that anyone who does try it will let us all know how it works out.
It occurs to me that we may not all be talking about the same wrapper - some have mentioned rice paper, which I think is a clear and very fragile food item used to wrap a special candy (edible wrapper) I had in my childhood. The rice wrappers I was referring to are sold in Asian grocery stores for making spring rolls. They are also made from tapioca flour. Both will get gummy if not eaten right away - and gummy is fine for some things - you can even eat spring rolls without cooking them - but not for Baklava!
Enjoy!
Hilary
Subject: Re: Baklava rice wrapper recipe request

Hi,
Found this but it is not bought rice papers:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0212A&L=celiac&P=R5046
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0403D&L=celiac&P=R3559
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0404C&L=celiac&P=R2819
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0405A&L=celiac&P=R2641