From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:58:50 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my question about alternatives to San-J's
supposedly low sodium, GF tamari (soy) sauce.  The responses were evenly
divided: Some said to try La Choy's "light" soy sauce (many had
confirmed with the company that it was indeed GF), while others
recommended trying Bragg's animno acid which apparently has very little
salt in it.  You can get it at your local health food store.

When asked how to use Bragg's, one person stated:

It is very strong so I bought the small bottle first to see if I would like
it. It comes in a spray bottle. When I used that up, I bought the big bottle
and use it for everyone. I only spray it on the food to taste because it is a
stronger taste but without the salt that so many companies have in abundance.
I have high bp and have to watch my salt intake. I have no problem with
getting off the rings afer I eat it.

So there you have it.  I think I'll try both.  Meanwhile, the bottle of
San-J low sodium, GF tamari sauce is going down the drain.  No need to
ruin another meal with it.

Joy, Arizona