Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:34:38 -0600

Sorry this has taken awhile- new computer. I had asked what the term
"gluten safe" meant. This question arose after calling Dannon to ask
about their yogurts. Here are the replies:

*Most said it is an evasive answer to avoid legal problems.

*One recommended this website:www.geocities.com/hotsprings/spa/4003/gf-
nolonger.html which lists gf and no longer gf foods

*One said I should ask more specifically that just the term "gluten"

*One said he wouldn't eat any Dannon yogurt, even plain

*One said they just want to maintain secrecy of their natural flavors

*One recommends Safeway, Yoplait or Breyer's light yogurts

*One said "gluten safe" means that the item has glutens in it that are
safe for celiacs (like corn gluten), but I'm not so sure of this since
everyone is saying to avoid Dannon yogurt

*One said all yogurt companies dust the fruit with flour so it doesn't
stick together, but Yoplait said they don't do that Thanks everyone. I
appreciate all your help!