From:
"Diane M. Craig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:06:59 -0700

Hi everyone--This belated thank you is for Graham Kent from England (who
posted his telephone inverviews with the nutritional manager of Van Den
Bergh Foods to this list nearly a year ago), and Janet Maxwell from
California (who passed the first part of his interviews on to me), and
Janet Rinehart from Texas (who first shared with you the results of my
receiving the information from them) re:  Colman's mustard powder.  Long
story short:  My celiac family had been sick for 4 months.  Graham's post
via Janet M pointed us to the possibility of a change in the mustard
powder.  After eliminating the powder and getting well, I followed up.
The nutritional manager Graham interviewed was wrong-- Colman's US
version of DX mustard powder is not necessarily gluten-free, as she
stated and her company warranted.  The US label now states "may contain
small amounts of wheat flour".  This little example illustrates precisely
the value of our networking, and I want to publicly complete the circle
by commending Graham and the 2 Janets for their roles in restoring my
family's health.  A plea to all the rest of you:  Please keep this type
of information flowing-- our health depends on it.  Once again, and
gratefully, Thank You, Graham and Janet and Janet!  --Diane in CA