From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:46:18 -0700

Dear List People:

The frozen beef tamales made by Delimex are gluten free.  They are based in
San Diego, and their number is 1-800-DELIMEX.  I called last week, and a
woman returned my call this morning to inform me that this particular
product is gluten free and canola oil free, one of my other allergies (one
of the ingredients is vegetable oil made from corn oil - sorry to those who
are allergic to corn!).  The ingredients are: water, masa flour, beef (beef
broth and salt), vegetable oil, tomato, salt, chili pepper, hydroxipropyl
methylcellulose (a stabilizer), cilantro, cumin, onion and garlic.  She
didn't say from where the suspect beef broth was made, but assured me that
all ingredients were gluten free.  If you have any other questions, please
call their 1-800 number and they will get back to you.  Happy Quick Fixins'!

Cecilia Vohl