Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:42:05 -0800

I love to make cobbler because it's so freaking easy!  Only takes a few
minutes to put it together and it's so yummy.  It can be made with any GF
flour.  I usually make two.  It's a crowd pleaser.

Fruit Cobbler

1 stick butter
1 cup GF flour, any kind  (I use a mixture of rice flour and corn starch)
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup kefir or buttermilk (or soy milk that is "soured" with 1 tablespoon
lemon juice)

1 large can peach halves or
about 2 or 3 cups frozen, thawed berries to which about 1/4 cup sugar is
added
ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc. (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Melt butter in 8 x 8" glass pan.  Mix all other
ingredients except fruit.  Pour batter onto melted butter.  Some people
stir it around to mix the butter with the batter.  Others don't.  It's a
matter of personal taste.  If you do stir the butter in, you get a
tender, rich cake like texture.  If you don't stir it in, you get a
chewey, crusty butter flavored edge.  Drop the fruit on top.  Lightly
sprinkle peach cobbler w/ spices of your choice.  Bake 45 minutes.

Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!