From:
"Joan E. TERRY" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan E. TERRY
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:05:13 -0800

My Ttg IGA results were elevated with last month's blood tests.  During September and early October I did have GI symptoms. They have gone away, but it is the doctor's opinion that I did or may still be ingesting hidden gluten. I cook 99.5% at home, and never had problems before. I do live in a household with a husband who eats gluten, but we are extremely careful , using separate microwaves, utensils, toaster, etc.
Does anyone know of a reliable home test kit for testing gluten in foods? One of my friends just sent me information on the EZ Gluten Test Kit, approved by the Dept. of Agriculture for detecting as little as 10ppm. Does anyone know of this brand, or a reliable alternative brand. How did it work? Was it reliable? Thank you for the information.  I will summarize.