From:
LindaBlock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LindaBlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:42:03 -0800

A quick summary....I received a lot of email. Thank you all who
responded.  Twenty-nine people wrote that Celiac Sprue and Crohns can
co-exist in the same person. Many wrote that both are auto-immune diseases.
A number mentioned that Crohns is genetically relative to Celiac.  Many
either had both, or a family member with both or knew someone with
both.  Only one wrote a "no" that they cannot exist together.

I will explain this...if I did not before. My small intestines is
inflammed, ulcerated and has what looks like cold sores...most of the small
intestines.  My Dr, who is very thorough, and who I have confidence
in......feels that I do not have Crohns but states that "it LOOKS like
Crohns".   However, I have had some who have said they were told the same
words for years, and then find they have it.  It sounds as if it is not
easily diagnosed and possibly needs to develop further, to be
diagnosed???  I WILL say, however, when I looked up the
treatment--prednisone and drugs that kill the auto-immune system--I am just
"not interested".  I work with children, for one thing.  And I have to
work.  I am attempting to be as healthy as I possibly can....but I am
losing more weight...........         so, time will tell.
Thank you all, who wrote. I greatly appreciate it.  It answered that
question for me.

Some suggested a phone call or taking supplements. $$ does not allow
this.  And supplements are not an answer for me.

Thank you all,
Linda in Alaska