From:
Dee Leahy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dee Leahy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 07:21:54 -0400

My son had the celiac testing done with Enterolab.   The results were that he should avoid gluten and milk (casein).  Has anyone else used this method of testing?  If so, do you feel that it is accurate?  His blood work indicated very low levels with one doc telling us he is celiac and one saying he was 99.9% sure my son was not celiac.  We started the GFCF diet 2 weeks ago and I've seen a very emotional 11 year old.  It is hard to tell a boy that age he cannot have his favorite brownie sundae or pasta with alfredo sauce (at least until I figure out how to make it GFCF--I'm working on it).  He is diagnosed with ADHD (inattentive type).  I have argured with every doc we've been to for the last 5 years that he is not ADHD.  I'm hoping this diet will prove me right and them wrong.  However, in the back of mind I'm still wondering which doc to believe.  This has been a confusing nineteen months.  We've had every blood test under the sun and still not sure of the answers.

Any comments would be appreciated.