From:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:40:32 -0500

Dear Listies -
Having traveled home to Long Island from NC this weekend, I took advantage
of the situation and visited Cafe Baldo in Wantagh. In a word, WOW!
Joanne and her family have really done an incredible job - I had a slice of
sausage pizza that actually folded like gluten pizza (that means a lot to
us NY'ers), a plate of cheese ravioli in marinara, bread, incredibly great
garlic knots...I was stuffed! I also brought home the rest of the pizza,
another tray of garlic knots, and, believe it or not, 5 cannoli. IT all
tasted like I remember the real thing tasting. My dad had 1 slice and some
garlic knots and he agreed (he's not celiac so he has tasted the "real
thing" far more recently than I have).

I brought my care package back to NC by freezing and then putting it in
checked luggage (except the cannoli -they went in the luggage unfrozen).
Everything came through fine, and today I had a cannoli for breakfast and 2
slices of pizza for dinner.

Joanne, I can't say thank you enough! I strongly recommend that anyone who
is in the area stop in visit this wonderful family, and eat some great
food. Just be sure to save room in your luggage for bringing extras home!

Best regards to everyone
Marne