From:
Jack O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:50:45 -0600

I asked about muscle mass loss a few months ago.  I must not have been very
clear with my questions, because the replies mostly indicated there is no
replacement for exercise.  I am not looking for a replacement in a bottle.
I have severe muscle mass loss and I am aware of walking, aerobics, weight
lifting , and resistive weight training.  I would like to know if anyone out
there, who is kind of in my age range (55 to 65), has had muscle mass loss,
and if there is any recommended exercises for folks like us who were so sick
and tired for many years before they were diagnosed (12 years ago for me,
now).  You see, before I was diagnosed, it was an effort just to hold myself
vertical to keep going to work.  I thought if I stayed home and laid around,
I would just die.  I am not a large person, but I would like to find some
strengthening exercises that will increase muscle tone, mass and endurance.
Anyone have this experience that found a way to get strength back?  Thanks,
Connie O.