From:
chintala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:14:26 +1100

Hi folks, I did the terrible deed. When I copied this recipe, one line
was deleted. Sorry Sorry Sorry, so here it is plus the 1/2 cup potato
flour.

Do you have a food processor? Because that makes this so easy and
because you handle the pasty less, the pastry is much easier to handle.

3/4 cup white rice flour (yes it is much better to handle than brown,
but I have mixed one bag of brown with two of white)

1/2 cup white corn flour

1/2 cup of potato flour

1/2 tsp xanthum gum? I stuck it in because I didn't know if pastry needs
it or not. It worked.

Bung these in and whiz them to mix them.

Add 4 oz marg, whizz around till bread crumbs

Add two slightly beaten eggs combined with a tsp lemon juice or vinegar
and one tablespoon water.

Wizz till just forming a ball.

Take out, it is still sticky, but use rice flour and knead lightly to
form ball, wrap in plastic and put in fridge for half an hour.

To roll out, use rice flour on your rolling pin, handle as lightly as
you can, roll out half of it, but only half roll it, flip it over with
more rice flour and finish rolling it out. This stops it sticking. As
long as You don't press hard, it doesn't squash and stick.

Makes a lovely fairly thin, good tasting pastry. The kids loved it, and
I thought it was allright too. I also added cheese in the making to make
it a little more interesting. Guess you can add what you like.

If you want sweet pastry, just add a tablespoon caster sugar and some
vanilla.

Cheers Tracy