Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:26:59 -0800

Hi Linda,
I get migraines quite a lot (less since I went Gf and lactose free and
casein free). Migraines come in several forms. You can have pain without
the viz disturbances (my type) called 'common migraine', pain with
preceeding viz disturbances (in general preceeding the pain as a
qualifier) called 'classic migraine', and a few other variants including
'abdominal migraine' in which the pain is centered in the abdomen only.  They
thought that I was having stress headaches until Imitrex came out. If
Imitrex makes the headache go away then it is definitely a migraine as
Imitrex is a vasocontrictor and is not supposed to work on tension
headaches. The picture is complicated by the fact that you can have both
stress and migraine headache at the same time. My migraines are not
always one-sided as the texts say, I am not always nauseated unless I am
getting a humdinger coming on (this is the first time), and I have only
had scotomas once in my life. MSG always brings on a migraine for me but
in Canada I understand that much of the MSG used can come from wheat
based sources. This is probably more than you wanted to know about
migraine. :) I just wanted to let you know of it's many forms seeing as
you were kind enough to compile all of the info sent to you. BTW, I get
migraines from corn and rice (!) also so I have a pretty spartan diet.
Thanks for taking the time to report back what you were told by others,
Lisa P