From:
kristina kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:30:43 -0000

Hi everyone

Most people emailed and said that kitchen paper is made from wood, not from
wheat rye barley or oats.  I had a few that said why would I want to eat the
paper :)) I should explain that I thought that some molecules of paper might
stick to fried potatoes etc while they are draining.

One lady said she uses kitchen towel but not the bit near the glue at the
beginning and end.  I'll check next time I'm near the end to see if there's
any signs of glue but I think the beginning of the roll is compressed rather
than glued.

It still doesn't answer my question as to whether there is anything
'added' to the paper to make it absorbent which is what I meant in my
original query, so I probably need to contact the manufacturers direct.
Thanks to everyone who replied, I'll let you know if I find out any
more.

Kristina
Southampton UK